Hi there! Today’s Friday! Yahaay!Thank God It’s FRIDAY!!! I know someone is excited but that’s the true Weekend spirit just like the Christmas spirit, yeah? So, with all the weekend troubles of going home to see your family, or to even spoil yourself with treats, you still find out that sometimes, we do all these things like hanging out with friends, going out on dates, meeting family, going on vacations and yet, there is this emptiness we still feel, there is this void still unfilled in our heart deep down there somewhere.
Now, if you are feeling this, or you’ve tried everything and still you fill shitty, you feel unease whenever a particular topic is up? I think that’s a sign for you to know that you are happy but not truly happy. Allow me to give simple definitions and illustrations of Happiness and True Happiness.
According to Wikipedia, Happiness is used in the context of mental or emotional states, including positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy. It is also used in the context of life satisfaction, subjective well-being, eudaimonia, flourishing, and well-being. This also, means that you are happy because you have everything you wanted/needed yet, no peace of mind. I call this temporary happiness. Whereas True Happiness,
According to True Happiness Quotes – BrainyQuote, True Happiness is an inner quality. It is a state of mind. If your mind is at peace, you are happy. If your mind is at peace, but you have nothing else, you can be happy. If you have everything the world can give – pleasure, possessions, power – but lack peace of mind, you can never be happy. This also, means that even though you don’t have all you wanted/needed, you still have your peace of mind which is the utmost and essential for positive well-being.
So, after you have realized the difference between happiness and true happiness, we will go further into how to find true happiness or how we can get true happiness. But, before then, I’d like to share my experience with you, maybe that can help you with your findings and improve your ideology about true happiness as you further in the journey of life.
Well, I used to be this kind of girl that always confused herself with true happiness to happiness. Wanna know why? That was because I haven’t found my light then. Your light is what you look up to when you feel like you’re drifting away. Some examples of these things are God, family, spouses, friends or even a hobby. It all depends on the individual. But, mine? It has been God and still Him.
So, I urge you to choose your light wisely. They determines a lot how happy you will be and how long it lasts.
Nevertheless, I’m gonna list those things that can keep you happy and help you stay happy as you find your true happiness. No need for the frown faces and grumpy or sad attitude. C’mon! smile. Yea, just like that. So below is the list of few things that can give you happiness or true happiness. Like I said earlier, it depends on individuals.
How to stay Happy without bothering others
There are some things we neglect which could really help our state of mind to be in the mood or feeling we call happiness/ true happiness. These things are;
- Solitude: This means the state or situation of being alone. Yes, you need to be alone to think, hear yourself, listen to yourself talk to you, to know what you need or want. Solitude is the best option to help you find out who you truly are. Some people actually regain their happiness after enjoying their solitude of freedom from people, work and worries. So, Yes! You can try that out too.
- Pampering/spoiling yourself or someone else: This too helps most people. Not just the spoiled brats, I know that’s what you’re thinking. Well, it’s also another solitude unless you wanna add companies This will help you feel great and relieve you of the stresses, pains and so on.
- Date: Well, this isn’t just for lovers or couples. This is in fact, for everybody and anybody. This helps when you find it difficult to mingle with people or when you are actually looking for the main true happiness (your true love) in your own unique way. C’mon! few blind dates or friendly dates won’t kill you. So breath and live!
- Sex: Well, believe it or not, most people find their happiness in sex and it’s okay for them. But, I’d like to advise you to look elsewhere if you’re not married. Premarital sex is a sin and it’s evil before God. But, if the latter is the case then, Happy married life to you.
- Prayer: I am happy to share this particular one with you. Yes, I am a born and brought Christain lady. So, yes! Prayer is my escape route every time. You know that feeling you get once you finished talking to God? That confident and peace that flows within you. It’s magical! So, yes God is the utmost.
Are you truly happy? or Just happy? or not happy at all?
Which are you?
So, having listed and explained all these things, I hope this post help you find true happiness and stay happy for a very very very long time just like I am enjoying my true happiness now. Well, I can say that I am truly happy even though I haven’t gotten all my needs not to start with the wants. But, I am truly at peace for the time being.
Share your thoughts and this post with your family, friends, colleagues at work and school. Share with neighbors and even enemies, you never know, maybe if they’re truly happy, they might let you be.
However, Share, share, and pleasssseee share and spread happiness and love. No hating or sadness!
Have a Happy Weekend!
NO HATING ZONE!
Enjoy your Friday and Weekend…xoxo.
PHOTO CREDITS: Cetworks.
P.S: Pls, Ignore the nose piercing. Those pictures are courtesy of Snapchat. Thank You!